Sunday, 27 January 2013

Decisions

Hello, I apologies for not posting for the last few weeks! I have had lots and lots of things going on with school as this is what this post is all about. As I'm in year 9 I have to chose my GCSE options which is definitely not the biggest decision I will make but so far its been one of the most important. I think that a lot of people make it out to be a big effect of the rest of your life but honestly I don't feel like this will determine what I do with my life. I got three options as well as core subjects and computing which  instead of doing 3 lessons for 2 years, my class does 2 lessons of computing for 3 years. As I got chosen to do my French GCSE in year 8 & 9 I got the option of doing an AS level in French which is whats done in the first year at college. I finally made my decision on Dance, Textiles and AS French and trust me it wasn't an easy decision.

I think that decisions should be made by yourself and when you're on your own as they could determine very important things. Being influenced into doing something when you don't want to do it can be a problem but at the end of the day you've just got to do what YOU want.

If something is playing on your mind and you have a gut feeling that it's not right then go with your gut is what I say. For instance, my best friend has chosen Dance, Drama and Art which at our school are consider easy/soft subjects and as she's in the top sets for everything she knew that they'd probably want her to do one academic subject. However, she stuck to her gut and if they question her about it she'll be happy to say 'That is what I want to do' because she knows that those decisions are right. 

At the end of the day you don't know what will happen. I don't live by 'decisions are the most important things' because honestly anything can happen. Because I've chosen my options doesn't mean I'm any closer to realizing my future because life will take you where it wants to take you. 

Sometimes the wrong decisions will lead you to the right places...

Love  
           Lucy x

11 comments:

  1. A year after choosing my options I chose a different career path and regretted choosing them, but now I've chosen something that's related to my options, even if you begin to hate them you will end up doing a job most probably related to them and as long as you've kept them open you can pretty much do anything you want! Good luck with them! :-) xx

    maddiestevens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opinions of options defiantly change as you go through them but you can't see into the future so I wouldn't worry about it. I regret taking some of my options as they're not really 'my thing' but I really don't mind, I don't think it does really effect your future at the end of the day. I wouldn't worry about it and I think your heads in the right place, be open minded. Good luck to both you and your friend and I hope you enjoy your GSCE years x

    tomdigg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'e got such a great attitude towards choosing your options, I did the same and it turned out fine, as long as you choose the subjects you want to do and know you will enjoy, they wont become a burden and you will succeed in each and every one of them! You have a really great blog!
    Love Naomi -
    http://stylespritz.blogspot.co.uk/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly sweetie, I remember being in this same situation. Just take your time but don't be too hard on yourself.

    Let me know how you get on.

    Good luck.

    www.victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk


    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. heey! I have nominated you for the Liebster award because I love your blog. Sorry if you have already done one or whatever, you don't have to do it:)

    www.lauraspicksxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy,
    I was also once in the same position as you- over 2 years ago now! WOW! I am coming towards the end of year 11 and I chose Textiles, believe me you will enjoy it sooo much! Such great fun, if you ever need any help just ask me!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I love your blog your posts are amazing !!! go check and subscribe don't forget to enter my amazing giveaway !!!

    http://wtfstreetstyle.blogspot.pt/2013/03/pura-vida-bracelets-giveaway.html

    this is my blog http://wtfstreetstyle.blogspot.pt
    my istagram username : missappowtfstreetstyle
    my facebookpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WTF-Street-STYLE/438828776185904?ref=hl

    kisses WTF! STREET STYLE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog :)
    Amber: amberjayez.blogspot.co.uk (Wanderlust and wardrobes) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll be happy with the textiles decision and if you choose to do it at a level it is honestly such a good subject to do! i love it :-)
    I love your blog your posts are super cute, i'm following you on bloglovin'

    http://whatjenniferdidnext.blogspot.co.uk

    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete