Monday, 10 August 2015

Unique kind of basic

I can't tell if this hands on hips thing is working for me, or whether I just look like I'm mid way through performing some street dance...
Although I didn't get an opportunity to wear this whilst away, I decided to style this Zara dress anyway as it is a piece that is pretty much timeless. I decided to emphasise the black within the dress by pairing some Topshop boots and a H&M slouchy bag to add a sort of 'I'm trying to look fancy but also don't really care' vibe to it. I finished it off with one of my favourite necklaces from H&M as I think it really elongates the V in the dress and just adds a little more interest to such a basic piece. I always find myself nervous to wear pieces like this, they're so basic but a unique kind of basic...

Lucy x




16 comments:

  1. This is definitely unique basic; LOVING the dress. And you look great with hands on hips, don't worry!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands on hips is always a save bet.
    I love this outfit. Basic yes, but very cool. Loving how you have styled the striped maxi.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the dress, looks amazing on you :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wasn't too sure at first whether it suited me or not

      Delete
  4. I love these kinds of dresses! love the way you styled it too!
    ➳ Jessica
    http://rusticbones.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a unique kind of basic, it looks gorgeous! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this freesize dress. Topshop boots are strong but very attractive.
    I write Inflatable Mattress Review at MyInflatablePoly.com to help readers find the best air mattress easily. Come to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, they are so comfy!

      Delete
  7. Truly effortless chic. I really like this outfit. You look great. :)

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete