Saturday, 23 January 2016

The outfit that came with compliments

Top: Charity // Dress: Forever 21 // Necklace: Charity // Bag: Urban Outfitters // Shoes: Topshop

When a stranger tells you they adore your outfit, it definitely gives you the confidence boost for the day, but when three strangers each tell you how much they adore your outfit, it gives you the confidence boost for a long time! That is exactly what happened today...

Every single compliment I see on social media always makes me smile, to see someone who has gone out of their way to point out a positive in me fills me with happiness, however hearing it in person is slightly more special. The fact three people complimented me on my outfit, my dress or my make up really reminded me of those little moments that matter. They didn't need to tell me their opinions, but by doing so they made me very very happy! 

This is what the world needs more of. 
Those people who aren't scared to appreciate the best in others instead of pointing out their flaws. We are so heavily influenced to bring people down in order to build up our self-esteem up, why has society made people like that? 
When you next say 'I hate her hair' think about how you feel afterwards, you won't feel happier, prettier or more confident.  Instead tell someone something you love about them, find positive within everything and everyone because that sense of fulfilment is a feeling you'll want to keep...

Lucy Jane








33 comments:

  1. Not only do I love your outfit, I love the write up you did along with it! Great work,
    new follower. :)

    Maya
    Prey On Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it's so true!! People should interact with others more and in a more positive, kind way. I definitely get happy when someone compliments me so I love spreading that as well because I know other people love that. It's sad that the world is so against each other and only point out flaws/negative aspects of someone. Positivity has gotta be something people should strive more for. And of course, this outfit is way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, positivity is always going to bring you happiness

      Delete
  3. You look so lovely! I also think its so nice when a stranger compliments you because they didnt have to but its just so kind!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice outfit - it really does make a difference when people compliment you in real life though!

    ARABELLA.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad people agree, just feels so special to hear

      Delete
  5. A super cool outfit and a lovely positive post too! Love the berry lips!

    Emily ♡ fairylemonade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so pretty, I love that dress on you
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've never seen anything like it so I love to wear it!

      Delete
  8. I'm not surprised that you got a lot of compliments, that outfit is awesome!

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder you got complimented! This is such a beautiful outfit and I agree being complimented by a stranger really does brighten ones day, especially since they don't have to do so! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it does make you feel all warm and happy inside!

      Delete
  10. how did you put the design of your blog? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hairstyle so so much :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress! I'm not suprised you got three compliments in one day :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit! & totally agree on spreading positivity =)
    -mainou
    http://www.looksbymc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's something so small but feels so big to the person on the receiving end

      Delete
  14. Wow love your style :-) Such a good take on the pinafore dress fashion!
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loooove the title! And wow, this outfit really does compliment each other and you too.

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love putting interesting titles, grabs the attention straight away

      Delete