Sunday, 21 February 2016

Why have I never been to Liverpool?

Jacket: Vintage // Jumper: New Look // Shorts: Urban Outfitters // Belt: My Dads // Scarf: Primark /// Shoes: Topshop //
Bag: Urban Outfitters

Why have I never been to Liverpool?

My Mum and I are making our city adventures a common occurrence these days travelling to Chester, York and our most recent trip to Liverpool. All I keep asking myself is why have I never been to Liverpool? It is the perfect city for a shop around, a brisk walk and provides a pretty bold backdrop of contrasting architecture. I love it! I had the best time with my mum and really treasure our little days away, thank you Mum!

Despite the freezing cold breeze, I was definitely trying to embrace what little essence of summer I can bring into the winter weather. Rather than going for the typical black turtleneck, I opted for this bright navy blue one, how adventurous. I tried to bring the whole colour blocking trend back in my own subtle way yet some how I don't think contrasting blue and brown really prove that daring.  As for the rest of my outfit, I wanted to be warm. I do love the cosy winter days of dressing in layers upon layers of jumpers but I am slightly over it now. I can't wait for the day I can step outside and think 'I'M NOT COLD!', a day which will probably never come #northernEnglandproblems. 

Lucy Jane




13 comments:

  1. Liverpool looks so nice and your outfit and photographs are absolutely gorgeous! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! Love the photos :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/ N/POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to visit Liverpool! Lovely photos!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, I had a great time.

      Delete
  4. Yet again, your outfit and photos are absolutely beautiful! I've been dying to visit Liverpool for quite a while now and I'm going to see if I can fit it in this years agenda :-)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go, it is the perfect location for a good shop or just a nice walk around the docks, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  5. such a nice blog dear! stop by anytime :)
    xoxo Sienna

    http://www.fashionintheair.com/2016/02/dramatic.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love liverpool! Chester is gorgeous too, have you been to off the waffle there?! deffo worth a trip x

    lipstick-andgin.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope but my friend has, I need to go!

      Delete
  7. Love this look so much!! You've styled it so well britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm over the layers of winter now too, I want it to be warm again! I love this outfit, I really wanted those shorts (I think it was those shorts, if not a similar type of shorts) but they didn't have my size online at UO and the shop is too far for me to just pop to quickly. You've styled the whole thing so well!:)x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. i honestly said the same thing when i visited! i was more than pleasantly surprised at how lovely the city is, not to mention the amazing shopping atmosphere haha. i love your outfit in this post too, especially the shorts and jumper :)

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete