Wednesday, 6 April 2016

My happy place in my happy shoes

Top: H&M // Culottes: Urban Outfitters // Shirt: Vintage // Socks: Urban Outfitters // Shoes: Topshop

My happy place in my happy shoes, everyone say hello to Lucy's shed!

A space of happiness, creativity and relaxation, the perfect summary of what I hope my shed is. If you've followed me for over a year, you'll be familiar with my project last year of rejuvenating the shed. One day in 2015, I had the most bizarre thought of turning the shed into my little sanctuary and a few weeks later it all came together...

Who would have ever have thought that a 16 year old Lucy would purchase some trainers with silver reflective stars on them? Well...the answer to that is probably everyone as you all know my child-like influence is growing on me. May be it's me rebelling to conform to 'grown up' stereotypes? Honestly, I think I just like glitter too much. A white tee, black pants paired with glittery socks and star-print trainers, just the usual normal outfits for Lucy Jane...

The second year of 'Lucy's shed' was highly anticipated by me, I can't put into words how content being in my shed makes me feel. The cold rain from outside can knock onto the doors and windows, yet I'm tucked up inside feeling warm, fuzzy and so happy. My shed is certainly my happy place for a long list of reasons, what I would like to know is where if your happy place?

Lucy Jane






14 comments:

  1. Your shed is so cute and so is this outfit! Lovely photos as always x

    Emily - www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Lucy, I'm LOVING your shed and those trainers are killer! I found myself rebelling against "adult" style stereotypes when I reached 18, too, by wearing braids and thigh high socks. I'd like to stay a child as long as possible and put off adulthood, haha.

    As for my happy place, I have two; The first one is in the home of one of my best friends where I go every Friday. We have our youth service there and it's my happy place because everyone who goes is so kind and understand and non-judgemental. I always leave the place happier than when I entered it. The second one is slightly more cliche and nausea-inducing, but it's in the arms of my loved one, or more specifically -- my boyfriend. It really doesn't matter where we are so long as I'm in his arms, I feel like I'm at home and I'm happy beyond anything.

    I'd love to have a happy place at my own actual home, though, but so far, I don't see any progress at that for various reasons, ha!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting off adulthood is definitely an idea I think about a lot, I want to be forever young!

      I completely love your happy places and think what you said is so beautiful. Having a person define any situation as happy is something so special and wonderful to hear of...

      Home is a weird one, I think it depends on the atmosphere emitted by the people surrounded.

      Delete
  3. oh I'm in-love with those trainers! I've been searching for a nice pair of sneakers for everyday errands, and those are absolutely amazing. Lovely photos :) x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Topshop because they have a really good range at the minute, super comfy as well!

      Delete
  4. Yor complete outfit looks so simple and fance at the same time! Also, the background is beautiful! (does this sound weird haha!?!)

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, no it is such a lovely comment not weird at all!

      Delete
  5. Adore your posts, p.s i can totally relate to the child like influences.

    P.s My happy place is anywhere relaxing and creative

    Much Love,
    Priscilla Ivette
    http://pvllinblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dressing like a child is the future! I love that answer, simple but you have to appreciate the little things...

      Delete
  6. This post is all-around adorable and amazing! Your little sanctuary shed seems so cozy and nice! Everyone needs a space like that. Love your trainers, too! Just followed! Would love for you to stop by my blog! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I shall have a look!

      Delete
  7. This is such a good idea, we have an old shed in the garden which I definitely want to re-decorate now!! I love the idea of having my own space like that. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it, it is so rewarding once its done!

      Delete