Wednesday, 20 April 2016

The pastel toned houses around Primrose Hill matched my shoes and that made me very happy


Top: Topshop // Skirt: Vintage // Scarf: Vintage // Coat: Zara // Shoes: Dr Martens // Sunglasses: Forever 21

The pastel toned houses around Primrose Hill matched my shoes and that made me very happy.

My mum and I decided on London as our next destination of adventure as it will potentially be the place I spend 3 years of my life at University. I want to study fashion and the heart of fashion in England certainly lies in London.

We headed up to Camden in the morning, I fit right in wearing my bold statement colours and cute docs and socks combo. Camden is certainly the 'Northern Quarter' of London, people seem to do what they want and wear what they want. One of my favourites places to be! My crochet top is one of my new favourite pieces as the colours are so beautiful. I'm opting for the brightest colours at the minute which is strange being someone who has previously loved the monochrome look. Any opportunity to look like a rainbow I will take.

Later on in the day we steadily walked up Primrose Hill, being overtaken by the countless runners presumably burning off some steam out of the hustle and bustle of the city. The only thing which hit me whilst being in London was the feeling of not really knowing where I am, so let me explain myself.
I live in an area pretty near to big cities, but where I live is surrounded by greenery from the pennines and so many pretty spots. Although I'm sure out of the city London holds some nice spots, being in the centre of it all could become too much. I'm so used to being surrounded by nature I'm not sure how I'd handle the change, I'm sure I'd get used to it.

Lucy Jane








19 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely outfit Lucy, the top and skirt look so perfect together! I've lived near London my entire life and spend a lot of my time there and I can see why it can seem daunting to someone who doesn't know it well but it's such a vibrant city and you'll definitely get used to it if you choose to study there! xx
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love the city but need to get to know it a little better!

      Delete
  2. The shirt!!! And shoes!!! And entire outfit!!!! Sooooo very cute. I actually experienced the complete opposite thing you'll probably experience, ahahha. I lived in a small town near a big city and there was haaardly any greenery, but when I moved, my entire campus was filled with trees and flowers, I was so shocked!! I'm sure you'll get used to the big city look, sounds like it'll be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I sometimes think growing up near a city would be pretty exciting but I am a little nature lover at heart. I'm sure I'd get used to the city in time!

      Delete
  3. This outfit is amazing! I really love all the colours of the top and that skirt is such a gorgeous burgundy!! I've lived in London my whole life and I definitely think London would be a great place for you to study as there are always new things to discover and despite how it can seem there are always little areas dotted about where you can kind of escape, like Hampstead Heath for example. I think it definitely takes some time to get used to big cities, but I really do think you would love it, especially for the fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing this is so reassuring, I think it would be the place for me it's just getting out there and doing it, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Wow. This is the first post of yours I've read, and I love your outfit! You skirt is just so gorgeous, and works so well with your top. I hope you do succeed in London for Uni, and I can see what you mean about it being overwhelming, but I'm sure you'll manage somehow. I'm definitely following you on bloglovin!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I know I need to be in London it's just getting the confidence to fully believe in myself!

      Delete
  5. this outfit is perfection!! Seriously in love with how you mixed and matched texture and prints~

    Passion Blog | BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I feel like mixtures of textures always work well

      Delete
  6. Cute look, love the colorful stripes! And city looks soo amazing, now I'd love to go there :)

    Love,
    Julia

    bievenue dans ma realite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should visit, it is such an exciting place!

      Delete
  7. You look so gorgeous in this outfit. nice look. love this look.

    Oils for Your Skin Type

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look was perfect for wandering around this area of London! I bet it all felt a bit daunting but it really is a great place with pockets of green space to get away from it all! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love all the details in your outfit, such thoughtful touches! the wow pin especially adds a great pop of color. i'm so lazy with jewelry and such, i'll have to take some inspiration from you!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete