Saturday, 14 May 2016

It makes my life colourful

Top: H&M // Pants: Unknown // Necklaces: Topshop // Bralet: Urban Outfitters

Surrounded by the synchronised swaying of the spring flowers with the brisk english wind being the only thing taking away the feeling of summer, so close but so far...

I suppose May is officially still spring, only last weekend I witnessed the baby lambs bouncing round the Peak District on my Gold Duke of Edinburgh yet the almost 30 degree temperatures would have fooled anyone into thinking summer was in full swing. The thought of warm mornings, sunset watching, ice tea, all kinds of fruits and all the time in the world to do what I want is pushing me through 'exam season'. Two weeks until total freedom, for a little while anyway, keep on going!

Summer is an excuse for me to dance around the fields channeling my inner bohemian goddess whilst picturing myself in the midst of a crowd at a music festival. Honestly, I don't care where I am, any opportunity to dance carelessly is a good opportunity! Dancing through flowers alone does seem rather fun, try dancing through flowers with your Mum trying to take pictures, now that's fun. Buttercups and daises are the simplest flowers, but I do adore them. I can't pretend I'm someone with 'green fingers' as I know nothing other than if you don't water plants, they die but the simple concept of daises and buttercups growing randomly fills me with content, I shall have a garden filled with these flowers as the responsibility to care for more 'serious' plants isn't on my wish list.

  Something about fields and fields of bright, blissful tones fills me with happiness, I let the colours consume me to inspire my thoughts and feelings, it makes my life colourful.

Lucy Jane










34 comments:

  1. This post is so beautifully written!
    I love these photos so much :) The bohemian vibe is great! x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love going into a little more depth with what I write!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that top, so pretty!! And the chocker makes the outfit look so badass! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, always got to have the choker!

      Delete
  3. i recently bought that top from h&m too and am so excited to wear it! i love the trousers that you've paired it with. super cool that they have a split at the side - i haven't really seen anything like that in the shops!

    xo Sarah
    Absolutely Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty top, can't wait to see how you style it!

      Delete
  4. Loving this outfit and the photos- so beautiful! x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with that top, Lucy, and these photographs are beautiful. I've been reading a lot about the weather warming up over in the UK and, while I'm not a huge fan of the warm weather (I get them scorching hot year round, haha), I hope you enjoy the warm mornings and sunshine.

    I believe you're still in the midst of exam season, so all the best with that! x

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's been really warm for a few days which I love, probably only because it happens on a rare occasion. Thanks again, I've got exams for the next two weeks and then I'm done, so exciting!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous photos, very bohemian chick. It's so nice to have some lovely weather now
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love these photos! I've always wanted to live somewhere with so many flowers growing randomly like this ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty when the one time of year comes around and it looks like this!

      Delete
  8. You look lovely and the pictures are awesome!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing location! Love your pants
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit! You looks so beautiful!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not usually use the word stunning in comments, because I feel that the word is generally overused, thus taking from its saying power-- but this post is stunning. meaning the photos are breathtaking, and your writing is so vivid and personable, I have also only said this once before but I can really hear you through the words. this post was like a splash of happiness. thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the most beautiful comment I've ever received, thank you very much! I adore writing in a unique form to try and portray how I feel, I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! I love the fields but I don't get to visit it much. This post has surely made me crave some field times.

    <3
    Chariza M. | LE-VISUALISTE.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get out into the fields, have some me time and relax!

      Delete
  13. So in love with this location! It fits perfectly with this boho outfit! You look absolutely incredible!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos are awesome. I love the location and your outfit. -Hanna Lei

    Latest Post: How to build a (barely) raised Garden Bed

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are so beautiful, I love your style!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that lace up top! these photos are beautiful!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete