Sunday, 1 May 2016

One step closer to being Alexa Chung

Dress: Alexa Chung for M&S // Shoes: Dr Martens

For those of you who share the same admiration for Alexa Chung as I do, I am sure you were all as excited as me when her collection with M&S launched recently. I hopped on over to the website where I added the majority of the collection to my cart, only to then realise the huge total value my cart had reached. So I managed to narrow it down to the Helen trainers and this beautiful Eliza dress...

As for the collection, it holds so many classic timeless pieces that could easily be adapted to range of styles and tastes. It definitely reflects Alexa's personal style with the gingham skirts, ruffled blouses and slip dresses all summing up what I love about Alexa Chung. For years and years I've been saying 'M&S are missing out on such an important audience' in regards to the young adults in the UK, but I honestly think this collection is what they needed! They have gained so much more interest into their fashion ranges giving them the base to now grow and develop to cater for a wider audience. The pieces I got are so wonderfully made and fit beautifully, I highly recommend the collection.

Yet again my pale blue docs are out! When I bought them I thought they were a slightly 'awkward' colour as white may have been more wearable, yet they seem to match everything and barely get dirty, definitely a win. They matched my Eliza dress perfectly as did my bright pink barbie lipstick which I am now going to wear religiously. Summer is an excuse for this bright bold patterns, especially with this dress. I guess I am now one step closer to being Alexa Chung?

Lucy Jane





15 comments:

  1. That dress is so perfect! I also love your lip colour, it looks so pretty on you. Your makeup is amazing! ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a little bit bright for me but I love it!

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty, such a cute outfit too! love your lipstick shade btw! x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture + House of Fraser Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am such a huge fan of Alexa Chung's style, I'm gonna go look at the collection right now. This dress is sooooo pretty, the colors!!!!! And obviously the docs are the cutest things ever!!!! This outfit is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Go and look because the collection is so wonderful, you'll love it all!

      Delete
  4. Alexa is my style idol, I love everything she wears! This dress looks so lovely on you especially with the docs!!

    basicallyzaynab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress, it looks amazing on you! <33

    XX www.laurenlouvaine.com | Insta: @laurenlouvaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove this dress! Alexa is my idol!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this dress was made for you, it suits you so well!!

    Emily // www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style posts never fail to impress me ~ Everything is so unique and just so you! I love it

    Passion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh you have the cutest style ever! I loved Alexa's M&S collection, this dress was definitely one of the stand out pieces!
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is so beautiful!!! I love your style.

    http://fleurdelailis.blogspot.co.uk

    Laila xo

    ReplyDelete