Sunday, 22 May 2016

Spring nights, peach schnapps and feeling happy


Top: Topshop // Shorts: Urban Outfitters // Shirt: Vintage // Shoes: Alexa Chung M&S // Backpack: Topshop // Sunglasses: Forever 21

I do not know what I was trying to accomplish through this outfit, mixtures of browns and oranges really aren't my thing but ask me a yes or no question and my shoes will keep me occupied for hours!

It is the sweetest spring nights that time is spent sat with family sipping on peach schnapps, discussing how cool my Dad thinks he is and appreciating how lucky I am. Although my sinister 'I'm not a model' face may mislead you, I smile so so SO much. I would be a liar to say I don't encounter more than one chin at least five times a day, but I'm happy and I really can't help it! 
It's easier to express being sad than being happy, it's more understandable to express being sad than being happy but wanting to radiate happiness is the simplest thing that can make one big change.

So my happiness lead to the first outing of 2016 bare-legged. 
Shock...horror...gasp...
If I am truly honest, I had a trusty pair of skin colour tights on to hide away my stubbly legs. When the time reaches summer I will go to the extent of shaving my legs, but for now my effort to do so lies at 0%. Over the past few months I have developed an admiration for the colour orange, it's bright, bold and isn't yellow!
 (As much as I love the prettiness of yellow, the shade is not for me.)
This is a typical Lucy Jane outfit, slight 70s, pinch of 60s and a hint of 90s grunge.
But come on everyone, you should all know that by now!

Lucy Jane








26 comments:

  1. I love that you mentioned it's easier to express sadness more than it is to express happiness, and that it is more understandable too. It's something that hits home really hard, but ah.

    I think you pull off orange and browns really well, though, Lucy, and I can definitely see your signature 70s and 90s grunge in this look. I love it. I hope you had a lovely day out and that it wasn't too cold!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's something people forget, my english teacher actually mentioned it in a lesson last week and it made me realise how true it is! Thank you, I had a fab time!

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit, the neutral tones look great on you! Definitely agree about expressing sad being easier!

    heart-autumn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this outfit, especially your shorts. The colour is perfect! ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm never too sure about these types of colours!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous outfit. Love the color scheme. And girl, I hate shaving my legs omg. It is so tedious and last week I cut myself so bad!! Girl struggles

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain!!! I get to a point where I give up, embrace the leg hair!

      Delete
  5. Love these pictures, you look gorgeous! I was just about to comment on how lovely and brown your legs were haha x

    Emily / www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I need to get myself some fake tan to actually make them brown rather than relying on tights!

      Delete
  6. Ah peach schnapps take me back to my younger years :)

    Really cute look!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love some peach schnapps ahaha!

      Delete
  7. Hey, I'm a new follower! Absolutely love your blog sweetheart :)
    Beautiful outfit too and great pictures

    http://leahrachelgoth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit!
    Im in love with the color of your shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super refreshing to hear someone say that theyre happy~ Good on you, girl!

    Passion Blog | BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel like people can kinda be afraid to be happy? Embracing it and admitting you are is never a bad thing!

      Delete
  10. I love the warmth of these photos, your words and the outfit x

    <3
    Chariza M. | LE-VISUALISTE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. in LOVE with your sunnies ! <33

    http://lindsaygallagher.life/

    ReplyDelete
  12. in LOVE with your sunnies ! <33

    http://lindsaygallagher.life/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your happines
    Come to visit me

    ReplyDelete